Monday, November 10, 2008

Well that last post was very bleak. I'm still sick of hearing about the Divine Mr. O, but I'll just keep my head in the sand and continue crocheting and cooking and doing my own thing. Praying that the next four years will go by fast and that we as a collective whole will come to our senses by then.

Josh, Kellen and I have all been sick with a cold. Kellen the longest. His just doesn't seem to want to go away. Running nose and a bit of sneezing, which is not a good combo, let me tell you. I've been working on a long pointy hat for Josh. Got it mostly done and he decided the pointy part wasn't long enough, so he helped me frog it all and I started over, modifying the pattern as I go. I told him he better understand how much I love him. Bought the yarn for a sweater for Kellen also. Really pretty dusty green color, called Meadow. Lorenne wants a sweater, too.
Josh got an eleven pointer the afternoon of November 1. Lorenne, Kellen and Ian (my nephew who had spent the night) went out to see it in the morning. Ian didn't want to touch the deer at all, but then settled for the antlers. He made sure that I knew that he knew that the deer was dead. Kellen kept petting the deer's back with his finger tips and Lorenne just touched the antlers too. They didn't stay out there very long. But they weren't really afraid of it either. He's getting the hide tanned and ground all the meat into burger. I think he'll make jerky out of it.
Anyway, the wind has begun to howl around our house. I'm sure this will be a season long occurance until our pine trees get big enough. So in ten years we'll have one heck of a break. Not much else to report, we don't like a whole lot of excitement. Oh, having one of the three Thanksgiving meals here at our house. My mom, mom's boyfriend, sister, sister's boyfriend, neice, nephew, and grandma will be over the Sunday after T-day. I'm making the turkey, mashed potatoes, lemon pie, pecan pie, berry pie, and cranberry salad. I should probably start cleaning my house right now. See ya round...